POOL RULES & REGULATIONS:
Pool hours are 11:00am - 8:00pm. The pool may be closed for inclement weather. The Pool Governor will determine if the pool should remain closed for the entire day. In case of thunder, the pool must be closed for one-half hour ‘thunder-free’ before it can be re-opened. Use of the pool is permitted only when a lifeguard is present. When the lifeguard goes off duty, the pool is closed and everyone must leave the pool area.
- Until further notice, Pool entry will be limited to Kellogg Club members only. No guests permitted.
- Members must adhere to the COVID-19 Health protocol and may not enter if any symptoms related to COVID-19 are present.
- The only non-members permitted to enter will be Morristown Club reciprocal agreement patrons and registered nannies (fee is $190). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Front gate shall be the only point of entry. The rear gate is only to be used by those who require disability access.
- Members shall maintain 6’ distancing at all times, including entering and exiting.
- Members must sign and have on file the Kellogg Club COVID-19 Disclaimer Form. No entry will be permitted without this signed form.
- Until further notice, pool usage will be limited to 50% of club capacity.
- Members are asked to be mindful of our reduced capacity and limit their pool and pool area use to allow everyone fair and equal chance to enjoy the pool.
Members must sign in and out at the front gate when entering the pool grounds for future trace needs. This is a requirement of the N.J. Department of Health. Members must be in good standing to enter.
Parking and Driveway Use:
Parking for the pool is on the street only. Should you need to bring a vehicle to the rear of the pool to transport a handicapped member or guest, call in advance and speak to a lifeguard. Driveway use is limited to tenants and managers, unless cleared in advance. When authorized to use the driveway, please enter via the club driveway and exit via the lane way alongside the pool.
- Pool furniture may be rearranged to suit family situations as recommended by NJ Dept. of Health. Unrelated persons must abide by the 6’ spacing guideline.
- Furniture can be moved to the lawn areas. Umbrellas must remain on the pool deck.
- Wearing of face covering when not in pool or sitting in personal space is encouraged.
- One umbrella per grouping of chairs (related persons).
- Chairs and umbrellas shall be cleaned by members prior to usage.
- There is no reserving of pool furniture. Placing towels on multiple loungers and chairs is prohibited.
The bathhouse is provided for your comfort and convenience. Everyone is expected to keep the bathhouse neat and clean. Rooms marked for Guards only are off limits to the general membership and their guests. A changing table is centrally located in the hallway between the bathrooms. Children 6 and under must be accompanied to the bathhouse.
- Until further notice, no snacks or ice cream will be for sale.
- Foot coverings must be worn in bathrooms.
- Bathrooms are limited to two patrons at a time, unless assisting small children.
- Hands should be washed frequently.
Swimming and Pool Accessories:
Food and Drink:
- Personal floatation devices only. No shared toys.
- Parents or guardians should ensure that pool accessories are removed from the pool area after use.
- Games will be limited to those that do not result in children encroaching into other members space (example Fish out of water).
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Members must be 21 years of age or older to drink alcoholic beverages on pool grounds, in accordance with New Jersey State Laws.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted on the pool deck. Broken glass on the pool deck could result in closure of the pool for an extended period.
- Alcoholic beverages are only allowed on the pool deck if they are poured into a discrete paper, plastic or metal cup.
- Food is not permitted on the concrete deck around the pool.
- Food is permitted on the grass and the brick terrace, or grill area above the pool.
- The grills are provided for your comfort and enjoyment. Please keep the grills and grill area clean. Please place empty propane tanks in the spot noted so that they can be refilled. Please notify the Pool Manager if there is a problem with the equipment.
- Each member must dispose of his or her own trash in the appropriate marked garbage cans, in accordance with Morristown Ordinances.
Children must be 12 years of age or older to be at the pool unattended.
Running or horseplay is not allowed in the pool area. Pushing another person into the pool is dangerous and not permitted.
Roughness, rudeness, foul language, and similar misbehavior are not permitted.
Diving is not permitted in the shallow end of the pool or from the lifeguard stand.
Back diving is not permitted from the diving board or the side of the pool.
Any persons having a communicable disease, open blisters or cuts, sores or inflamed eyes, ears, nose or mouth infections, excessive sunburn or any type of skin disease will be excluded from the pool area. No person wearing any type of bandage, cast or Band-Aids shall be permitted in the pool.
All bathers must wear bathing suits in the pool. Cutoffs will not be allowed as proper attire for bathing.
No changing of diapers on the pool grounds. A changing station is available in the pool house between the bathrooms.
No Water Guns!
No pets are allowed in the pool area.
Ball throwing is permitted on designated grass areas, when done in a safe manner and is permitted at the discretion of the lifeguards.
No smoking or vaping is permitted on pool grounds.
The lifeguards are responsible for member safety at the pool and enforcing pool rules. Members should follow their direction. Please do not distract lifeguards when they are on duty in lifeguard chairs. If the lifeguard’s instruction is not followed, or if a member swims without a guard present, pool privileges will be suspended as follows:
the member or guest will be asked to leave the pool area for one hour
the member or guest will be asked to leave the pool area for 24 hours.
the member or guest will lose swimming privileges for one week.
: the member or guest will forfeit swimming privileges for the remainder of the summer.
Pool privileges will be reviewed by Pool Manager after 1st violation. The Pool Committee will be notified if further violations occur.
Full-time Nannies and Babysitters:
The nanny/full-time babysitter is $190. They must sign in and out. Children must be supervised at all times. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Children under 12:
Children under 12 must be accompanied to the pool by a member, 14 years of age or older, who is in immediate supervision of the child.
Children under 12 must pass their “Deep Water Test” which is administered by the Pool Staff/Guards. The test requires children to be able to swim the width of pool back and forth, without assistance and tread water for 60 seconds. This is a requirement to be able to swim in the large pool without an adult. Children swimming with flotation in the pool should have an adult in the water or at the edge.
The wading pool is for children under 6 or for those who cannot swim. Children using the wading pool must be supervised by an adult member. Such supervision is being in the water or sitting on the edge of the pool.
Children 6 and under must be accompanied to the bathhouse.
Swim Team: Schedule TBD
An email notice will be sent to all members with swim team details or visit our webpage at: Kellogg Club Swim Team
A Swim Team Chaperone is an adult chaperone who transports a Swim Team Member under the age of 12 years old to/from a Swim Team practice and monitors the children during the practice. Registration is required by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim Lessons: Cancelled
Lap swimming: Cancelled
Guests: No guests permitted.
Parties: Parties are not permitted.
Ping Pong & Bocce: Closed
There is a telephone located at the bathhouse. The telephone is to be used for emergencies and to take incoming calls. The lifeguards will answer incoming calls when it does not interfere with their guard duties. The number is 201-602-1527.
Outgoing calls can be made on that phone with the permission of the guard on duty or the Pool Manager. Only local calls can be made with the pool phone.
There will be an answering machine at the pool that has a recorded message indicating the status of the pool, swim lessons, and swim team practices. When possible, a lifeguard or Pool Manager will answer the phone.
The pool area is an area for recreation and to provide a place for social enjoyment for Kellogg Club members and their guests. It is not an area for members or guests to be conducting business. In order to provide a safe recreational environment while at the pool the use of electronic devices is discouraged.
Speaking on cell phones on the pool deck is not encouraged and extended cell phone conversations must be held off of the pool deck and away from other members.
Use of computers and other electronic devices is discouraged throughout the pool deck and grounds. Use of computers and other electronic devices on the tables located within the pool area is not encouraged and when necessary tables outside the pool area should be used. Picnic tables are designated for dining only. The picnic tables are not to be utilized as a workstation. Electronic devices with speakers must be muted and may only be used with headphones at low volumes which cannot be heard by other patrons of the pool.
The Kellogg Club is not responsible for any damages and / or loss of electronic devices.
The Kellogg Club has established a Pool Committee to handle concerns from our members.
Members can make a formal inquiry via email email@example.com or a written inquiry can be accepted by the Pool Manager and they will relay it directly to the committee.
Pool Committee members should not be contacted directly or approached poolside with issues.
All issues and inquiries are kept confidential and will be recorded by the Pool Committee.
All will be interpreted by the committee in a timely fashion to ensure the members concerns are addressed.
The Pool Committee will recommend and review a course of action to the President / Vice President of the club. The President / Vice president will contact the individual or group regarding incident or nature of concern.